Re: berolist

moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au (Hamish Moffatt)  wrote on 10.07.97 in <[🔎] 19970710132449.61571@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au>:

> > > -------------------------| BeroList-2.3.5 ready...
> > >
> > > Sending to list...
> > > Connected to localhost.
> > > < 220-Connecting to IDENTD server.
> > > < 220-Connected, sending request to server.
> > > Server doesn't accept HELO.
> > >|------------------------- Failed addresses follow:

Hmm. This sure looks like someone doesn't understand SMTP continuation
lines here. The error message above looks like a bug in the SMTP client to
me. '220-xxxx' means "this is a 220 reply, but there will possibly be more
lines prefixed '220-', and the last line will be prefixed '220 '.

A 220 reply is what is expected on opening the connection. Then you answer
HELO (or better EHLO), and should get a 250 reply.

I suspect a bug in berolist.

MfG Kai