Re: GNU Win32? Not anymore.

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I think it's pretty funny that they criticise their competitor for
> porting GCC to the R5000 and never merging the code back in, since
> Cygnus, not the competitor, is the the entity that is currently in
> charge of merging patches back into GCC. They have been a problem with
> merging in other patches as well, such as the Pentium optimization ones.
Bruce, you are wrong.  Cygnus is not in charge of maintaining gcc and in
fact is has problems merging some of their patches back into the FSF
source tree.
The maintainers for binutils and g++ do in fact work for Cygnus but
Richard Stallman fights very much against the perception of bias on the
part of GNU maintainers.