Re: Problem recompiling X

On 8 Jul 1997, Frederic Lepied wrote:

>     ME> If you mean compiling against libc6, yeah, expect some (minor)
>     ME> problems that you can patch around.  The 3.3-3 packages and diffs are
>     ME> for and built on a "stable" system... expect X 3.3-4 for libc6 in a
>     ME> couple of weeks...
>
> Are there some problems to  build  X clients  packages with the  libc6
> using the current 3.3 libs ?

I kind of got them compiled.  To get xdm compiled you have to tell the
Imakefiles that we now have a libcrypt, which we didn't have before.
However, when I ran it over night, it compiled mostly, except there didn't
seem to be any servers that got compiled.  I din't investigate it further,
it just takes too damn long to compile, You need a pentium-2 for this.

Shaya