Re: Recompiling packages for Pentium.

> Is it possible, as some people mentioned, to recompile packages to take
> advantage of gcc-pentium.  This could be like the m68k port.  The main
> advantage I see, if we prove that the packages are stable, is that we
> would probably have the fastest distribution that runs on Pentiums and
> Ppros.
>
> I have plenty of disk space to do the recompiles if people think this is a
> good idea.

I own a Pentium so, if the packages are stable, I vote for it.
(But how much is the gain in speed? I dont think the recompile
is worth to gain only a 3-5% in speed.)

* Federico Di Gregorio   |  /      the number you dialled is     *
* Debian developer?      | / -1   imaginary... please, rotate    *
* <friend of penguins>   |/      the phone PI/2 and try again!   *
****************DE 9E B2 75 B4 F6 CC 5B  C3 D5 71 51 04 AB F3 B2**