packages.debian.org & qmail (was Re: Using CVS for package development)

bruce@pixar.com said:
> I had problems making it work because darned qmail won't parse a full
> RFC822 address on the command line

What were you trying to achieve ? --- it might be simpler than you think.

I just discovered that most of my alias handling under qmail was drivel, and
could be dome much more simply.

> If someone wants to spend some time on a simple mailer hack, you can
> make this work.

If you want mail to, for instance:

to get sent to:

Assuming that packages.debian.org is just an alternative name for master, then
you just need to generate a couple of lines in /var/qmail/users/assign for
each package, like this:

Having to put the UID GID numbers in the file is a pain, but that can be
avoided, with one extra ~alias file.

Cheers, Phil.