Re: problem with folder locking: procmail and pine
- To: Christian Schwarz <email@example.com>
- Cc: Debian Development <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: problem with folder locking: procmail and pine
- From: Santiago Vila Doncel <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 17:09:10 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970302170147.5308A-100000@rosa>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.95q.970302155355.3373G-100000@klee>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> I discovered a problem with pine and procmail yesterday: When procmail
> stores new mails in my inbox and I try to access the mail folder with pine
> at the same time, pine complains with a "access error" message and I have
> to restart pine after that (loosing all changes I made to that folder).
> This looks like both programs do not use the same locking mechanism.
> (procmail runs on a different computer and pines access the inbox via a
> NFS mounted directory.)
Debian procmail is patched to use *only* dot locking, as mandated by
Debian policy manual, 4.3.
> Does someone know how to solve this? Should I place bug reports against
> these packages?
Feel free to report bugs, as long as they are really bugs.
BTW: pine 3.96 has just been released. I would try it first.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Santiago Vila <firstname.lastname@example.org>