Date: Tuesday, 25-Mar-97 01:39 PM

From: Dale Scheetz             \ Internet:    (dwarf@polaris.net)
To:   Andreas Jellinghaus      \ Internet:    (aj@dungeon.inka.de)
cc:   Guy Maor                 \ Internet:    (maor@ece.utexas.edu)
cc:   debian devel             \ Internet:    (debian-devel@lists.debian.org)

Subject: Re: FREEZE!

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> a different topic :
>
> what happend to the plans of having a "tested" distribution ?
> most developers agreed, that a program should not get into stable, yust
> because it was in unstable for (up to) 3 months.

These plans are ongoing. Aside from what Vincent had to say the testing
group is still small. As a result we will be limited in what we can
perform over the next 30 days. I feel that there are enough testers at the
moment to give the "standard" packages (and higher) a "thorough" testing.
We will then divide up the "applications" that remain into functional
groups for testing by only several testers.
I can guarantee that bo will be tested more than rex was, but we have some
lengths to go, before we have a "fully tested" distribution at release
time.

Anyone who wishes to join the testing effort should contact me for
inclusion on the list. We still need all the help we can get, and this is
a prime area for non-developer types to contribute to the project, so talk
it up with users at every opportunity.

Thanks,

Dwarf