Re: ftp.debian.org files that could/should be moved

On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Chris Fearnley wrote:

> 'Vincent Renardias wrote:'
> >
> >On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Chris Fearnley wrote:
> >
> >> I finally had a look at part of the ftp archive and found several
> >> packages that I think should be moved.
> >
> >> devel/gmp_1.3.2-8.deb                   ->     math?
> >	No, it's only a development library
>
> Then it belongs in libs not devel.  But since it's math related ...
> pari is a library too and it's in math.  Since you don't need it
> except for math development, I think it's more informative to put it
> in math.

	Yes gmp belongs into libs (only contains .h, .a and .so files)
IMHO.
	Pari does not, since it includes a real interactive interface.
(it can also be built at a library, but I doubt many people really use it
that way)

> >> devel/postgres95-doc_1.09-1.deb         ->     doc?
> >> devel/gpc-doc_2.0-3.deb                 ->     doc?
> >> devel/icon-doc_9.1-1.deb                ->     doc?
> >> devel/ilu-doc_2.0.0.8-2.deb             ->     doc?
> >> devel/v-doc_1.16-2.deb                  ->     doc?
> >> devel/lapack-doc_2.0.1-1.deb            ->     doc?
> >	Maybe it's better to keep packages documentation in
> >the same section than the concerned package?
>
> glibcdoc is in doc and emacs-lisp-intro is in doc.  You may be right
> here.  But then the two aforementioned packages should be moved to
> devel and editors respectively.  I would argue that we should be
> consistent.

I think glibcdoc is mainly into doc because glibc is not into unstable
yet. (anyway this package should be replaced by a 'libc6-doc' then)

	Cordialement,

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -