Re: general update-menus for debian

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Joey Hess:
> menu will look at the filename and check to see if debian has a package by
> that name installed. If not, it will ignore the file. So you just get a
> menu of packages you actually have installed.

What happens if I want to have a menu entry for a program that
has not been installed from a Debian package?

I don't think the menu should care about package names. It's not
necessary, since you can use the entry id instead.