Re: Debian WWW standards version 2.0

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Bruce Perens:
> It would be OK for dwww to provide an option to do this in batch mode and
> fill up your disk with cached .html versions of things if you so desire,
> but that should be a user choice at installation time.

It should actually be trivial to write a script to put all the
manual pages into dwww's cache. I'll put it on the to do list.
Other formats are a doable as well (thought you want some
heuristics to avoid putting unnecessary stuff in the cache).

That'd still mean everything would be accessed via the dwww
cgi script, but at least things should be a bit faster than
they are now.

It'd be nice to have lots of disk space. :-)