Re: Debian WWW standards version 2.0

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Fabrizio Polacco:
> why not simply		/usr/lib/debian-www/doc
> and			"http://<hostnamne>/debian/doc

The URL would be shorter, which is good.

> Under /usr/doc we put a lot of stuff, only partly html. (examples for
> example).

It doesn't matter that everything isn't HTML. Browsers can show lots
of data types.

> I vote for moving the html that packages install now under
> /usr/doc/<package> to /usr/lib/debian-www/documents (or simply __/doc)
> and leave other (original) formats under /usr/doc, out of webspace.

It's better to keep things in one place and under /usr/doc, because
it is then easier to find stuff. Not everyone will be reading the
docs via a HTTP server.

> Do we break something using /usr/www instead of /usr/lib/debian-www  ?

The FSSTND.