cfgtool and attributes

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Lars Wirzenius:
> This sounds good. I'll see if I can implement it soon. First attempt
> at design:
>
>    each attribute is given a name; the value is "value", help
>    text in English is "help.en", and so on

I've decided to simplify things a little bit, and rely on naming
conventions. The value of a variable is "foo". The help text in
English is "foo/help.en". The type of a variable is encoded in
"foo/type". The slash is forbidden in the name of a variable,
it shall be used to separate the name from attributes only.

This means that I don't have to change cfgtool at all, of course.
Except that the current version has a bug in how it compares names
("foo" matches "foobar" in some cases). That is fixed in my development
sources. I'll make an upload soon.