Anti-spam features for Debian mail packages?

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

One of the things some spammers and other mail forgers do is use
SMTP ports on completely unrelated machines to send their trash.
That is, spammer runs a program on machine A, which connects to
the SMTP port on machine B, to send mail to machine C. This makes
it more difficult for C to block out all mail from A.

Would it be possible to have the default configurations for the
Debian mail packages to prevent this kind of abuse?

Note that this feature can be used in a non-abuse way as well,
so we can't disable it completely. However, smail has several
different default configurations, and in some of them, it is
not useful to act as a mail relay.