Re: Please do not use Qt (fwd)

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Martin Konold:
> > 	You may copy this version of the Qt toolkit provided that the
> > 	entire archive is distributed unchanged and as a whole,
> > 	including this notice.
>
> Ok, I will forward this to the cdrom producers/Debian people.

Um, the problem isn't that we can't distribute Qt (we can and do;
it's in contrib, which is on the CD's, unlike non-free), but that
we can't use it to develop any tools for Debian, since we can't
modify Qt, but since there are other toolkits, with copyrights
that suit us better, such as V, which is LGPL'd, we don't have
to try to convince Troll Tech to change their copyright, and
that's good, because it would stir some strong emotions.

We might also need a tool for constructing sensible sentences.