Re: The Future of Debian TeX

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Stuart Lamble wrote:

> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:
> [stuff snipped]
> >BASE: kpathsea, mfbase (was mfbasfnt, mfbin, mflib), texbase (was texbin,
> >texlib, textfm)
> Just wondering...were/are texlib and textfm (for example) architecture-
> independant? If so, it may be worthwhile keeping them split out of texbase,
> as it means there is less duplication between the various arch-dependant
> directories. ('Course, if they're fairly small, this argument falls down :)

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about the architecture stuff. We will certainly
not mix this. So I will probably create texbin, texlib and mfbin, mflib
packages, where the bin packages are arch dep and the lib packages are
arch indep.

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@debian.org,
           !   ___;   schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de, bm955877@muenchen.org