Re: debmake suid programs

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Christoph Lameter:
> Does this cover the environment issues? I.e. is PGPPASS passed through all
> of this and is the user enviroment preserved?

Except when it's bad security to do so, yes. For example, it removes
LD_* from the environment.

> Is sudo changing the real usedid to root or only the effective userid?

DESCRIPTION
       sudo allows a permitted user to execute a command as the
       superuser (real and effective uid and gid are set to 0 and
       root's group as set in the passwd file respectively).