Re: AOUT packages

On 17 Apr 1996, Mark Eichin wrote:

> What doesn't work consistently is -store. (color xterm uses a
> different, non-standard sequence set for global color changes
> anyhow...)

If this is so, then why doesn't debian setterm set colors unless one
first sets TERM=console?

By the way, Slackware 3.0 setterm did work out of the box.  I haven't
been able to check if it worked on a debian system.

Alan Davis
"Look after truth and goodness.  Beauty looks after herself."
             ---Eric Gill (on typography and book design).