Re: Location of 'mailcap' and 'mime.types'

>> All web browsers/mime-mail-readers will probably use these files and
>> thus would probably want to include them in their distribution.
>> Should these two files be moved to their own packages that others have
>> to depend on?  Maybe "mime-base" or something?  Since I'm maintaining
>> the netscape-installer, I don't mind maintaining it as well.
>
>Sounds like a good idea to me.

There is one more little gotcha...  Since 'mailcap' defines what programs
to run for the given mime-type, it technically should only include those
type for which the proper decode program is available.

This would mean all packages doing an equivalent of "install-info" to make
them selves know to mime program.  Frankly, I don't think this is worth
the trouble it would cause.

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )