Location of 'mailcap' and 'mime.types'

What's the final word on the proper location of "mailcap" and "mime.types"?

I think they should go it /etc.

All web browsers/mime-mail-readers will probably use these files and
thus would probably want to include them in their distribution.
Should these two files be moved to their own packages that others have
to depend on?  Maybe "mime-base" or something?  Since I'm maintaining
the netscape-installer, I don't mind maintaining it as well.

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )