Re: Which files in /usr/sbin?

>I agree with Raul: the FSSTND is very clear on this subject:
>
>    Deciding what things go in sbin directories is simple: If a user
>    will need to run it, then it should go somewhere else.  If it will
>    only be run by system administrators or as root from system
>    management scripts, then it should go in /sbin (or in /usr/sbin or
>    /usr/local/sbin if the item is not vital to system operation).

I suppose the operative word is "need" as opposed to "could possibly want
to".

As a power user, I like putting /usr/sbin and /sbin in my path, and I
don't see that as a problem to do for all "power users".  For those that
aren't however, why bother to make obscure utilities available?  I've
been doing sysadmin for over a year now and this is the first I've
even heard of "zdump" (not that I claim to be an expert sysadmin, but I
know enough to get by).

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )