re:pbmplus/netpbm & /usr/bin

>Since I already have some 500 binaries in
>/usr/bin, I don't see it as much of a problem, but what do others
>think?

My personal preference would be to have it in its own subdirectory off of
/usr/bin.  128 files that are all related should be grouped somehow.

If there was a file like /etc/default.path that was just basically a
colon-separated list of pathnames, then packages could add their path
into the system path during the post-inst.  Different shells could
read it in as appropriate with something like:

	setenv PATH `cat /etc/default.path`

Just an added $0.03 to add to the fire, I guess...  <sigh>

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )