Shared Library Section

I've noticed that many (if not all) shared libraries exist under the
"devel" section.  I agree that the development versions (i.e. lib-dev files)
should be there, but I think the shared ones should be placed elsewhere.

I could see someone excluding the entire "devel" section for a machine
on which they didn't plan to do any development and then having many
programs break or simply won't install.

Dselect will resolve such installation conflicts, but not everybody
uses Dselect and dftp does not (yet?) have conflict resolution.

I'm not sure what section the libraries should go under.  Maybe "base"?

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )