Re: Debian sid y Ubuntu

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Jorge Bernal wrote:
>
>>Puedes leer algo acerca de la relacion debian-ubuntu en
>>http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/relationship/
>

> Mil gracias por el enlace.
>

>>As Ubuntu prepares for release, we "freeze" a snapshot of
>>debian's development archive ('sid'). We start from 'sid' in
>>order to give ourselves the freedom to make our own
>>decisions with regard to release management, independent of
>>Debian's release-in-preparation. This is necessary because
>>our release criteria are very different from Debian's.
>

> A modo de ejemplo, ¿cómo encaja el tema de Xorg en todo esto?

Me respondo a mí mismo:

"As a community, we choose places to diverge from Debian in ways that
minimize the difference between Debian and Ubuntu. For example, we
usually choose to update to the very latest version of Gnome rather than
the older version in Debian, and we might do the same for key other
pieces of infrastructure such as X or GCC. Those decisions are listed as
Feature Goals for that release, and we work as a community to make sure
that they are in place before the release happens."

Un saludo, Ismael