Re: src:debian-games blend

Le mercredi 11 novembre 2015, 17:08:12 Markus Koschany a écrit :
> Am 11.11.2015 um 11:59 schrieb Alexandre Detiste:
> > Hi Markus and others,
> >
> > I feel that having a "Recommends: lgogdownloader, innoextract" in G-D-P
> > is maybe a bit too-much. People that don't have a GOG.com don't
> > want to pull these packages and their depedencies.
> >
> > Maybe a virtual package would be better ?
> >
> > What's the best place to host it, in src:debian-games or src:game-data-packager ?
>
> src:game-data-packager is the better place because debian-games focuses
> only on games in main.

Ok, still I had to ask you because this package would share the same games-* namespace.

> Although, I think there is nothing wrong with
> adding lgogdownloader and innoextract etc. to Suggests.

They are already listed in Suggests along 23 other tools.

> g-d-p could print out a warning every time someone tries to package a game
> from gog.com or an .exe archive when the necessary tools are not available.

The warning when someone explicitely provided the .exe is already there.

The warning every time someone tries to package a game from gog.com
would be easy to implement but seems a bit too much... why nag users all the
time about gog.com if they don't want an account there ?

One of the goal of this meta-package is to have something which comes up
if someone does "apt-cache search gog.com", but then it
could as well be added to GDP description.

  game-data-packager is a tool which builds .deb files for game
  data which cannot be distributed in Debian (such as
  commercial game data).
  .
+game-data-packager has integrated support for the Steam &
+GOG.com online sellers.
  .
  At the moment, game-data-packager has support for building .deb
  files for:

>>> [pabs]
>> + games assets found in i386 'setup-<...>.exe' archives
>
>I would replace "i386 'setup-<...>.exe' archives" with just "game installers".

That's an important feature that should be advertised somewhere,
"2016 will be the year of the ARM laptop", well at least for me.

So I would say "Windows game installers",
technical people will know it means i386.

>> + in 'all' .deb packages for local consumption.
>
>I would replace "'all' .deb" with just "Debian".

I guess some people will cringe if all the .deb floating around get called "Debian" packages
(even the one comming from Google Chrome repository
or the one provided by MEGAsync for example);
but these one are built in a process that follow a chain of trust
from a Debian package, so well it's hard to decide.

Here: "platform-independant .deb packages."

Greets,

Alexandre