Re: Resigning procdure (Was:Re: Resigning from the team, leaving two packages behind)

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Markus Koschany <apo@gambaru.de> wrote:

> Important to me is:
>
> - Say that you leave the team and remove yourself from Uploaders
> - One or more team members either step up to become the next Uploaders
>   or we file a RFA bug.
> - If the package gets out of shape and is RC buggy we should fix it and
>   decide whether we want to keep it, orphan it or remove it completely.

Agreed. I don't think we need a rigidly defined procedure as long as
there is clear intent from the retiree that he/she is no longer
interested in maintaining the packages in question (failing that, we
can fall back to the regular MIA process). IMHO an email (preferably
one that's signed) sent to the team's mailing list, a bug report, or
somewhere else public is sufficient; the team can handle the rest.

Regards,
Vincent