Re: Resigning procdure (Was:Re: Resigning from the team, leaving two packages behind)

Am 2014-10-25 um 17:12 schrieb Tobias Frost:
> [...] Maybe (to have something to dicsuss) (Pre-Requisite: For the
> package we talk about: A is the only uploader.)
>
> 1) "A" decides to leave -- announing on d-devel-games@ asking for
> adoption. 2) If its okay for "A" not to immediatly remove her name
> from d/control: 2a) (Preferable) A files an "RFA:" bug in behalf of
> the gamespackaging team, with the invitation to join the team (one
> with better wording skills than myself could propose a template
> :)) 2b) Filing a wishlist bug against the pacakge to remove the
> name from Uploaders. 2c) If noone ITAs it within "timout", retitle
> to "O:" ) 2c) process end 3) If "A" wants not to have its name in
> it any longer, (or if A is MIA) 3a) Someone from the team,
> preferable "A" files an "O:" bug in behalf of the pkg-games team,
> inviting to join the team (as above...)IF 3b) "A" or someone else
> -- think MIA -- either leaves the repository or remove the name,
> but then also make sure that the state of the repository has the
> "safetypin" -- means QA-group as maintainer 3c) Process end
>
> I think, the mailing to wnpp could be actively used to advertise
> for the team and maybe to recruit new members!

I have no problem with leaving my name in Uploaders for another couple
of days. However, I frankly would like to avoid paperwork linked to
filing and dealing with RFA or O bugs, so I'd be very grateful if
someone from the team did that for me, as Markus offered.

Please also understand that I also don't want to wait for the result
of a possibly lengthy discussion how the Games team wants to handle
resignations in the future.

So here's my suggestion:
I won't remove myself from Uploaders until Jessie Freeze starts
(2014-11-05 23:59 UTC). This gives 11 days to a possible new Uploader
to step up, or, alternatively, for some DD/DM willing to upload the
current git state of the packages to sid so they have at least a
slight chance to enter Jessie if that seems preferrable to the team
(e.g. to have that one Jessie release goal bug fixed which I mentioned).

Hope that's okay with everybody.
Bernhard