Re: [trigger-rally-devel] TR for Debian Jessie

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 07:14:32PM +0200, Onsemeliot wrote:
> Great, thank you very much, Tobi.

Dito! And thanks a lot to everyone involved in making this possible!

> Thanks to you there is light in the tunnel. :)
>
> Cheers
> Onsemeliot
>

> On Sat, 2014-10-25 at 18:25 +0200, Tobias Frost wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Ok, its now uploading... (Will take several minutes due to the size,
> > bandwith limitation)
> >
> > Some remarks:
> > - I did the upload as an NMU, but directly without using DELAYED -- (I
> > see Stefan's mail as authorization)

Definitely! trigger-rally is team-maintained after all, so you could have just
made a regular team-upload ;).

> > - Stefan, the package needs some severe overhaul. (you probably know)
> > But thats something for the long evenings during freeze to work on :)

Yes.

> > - I will later scp the orig.tar.bz2 later to
> > alioth.debian.org:/home/groups/pkg-games/htdocs/tarballs/
> > - The upload was in a rush, please do some tests and if something goes
> > havoc remember to avoid that the transistion to testing will suceed
> > (because then also the old version will not be in Jessie)
> > - I will NOT push the changes to SVN -- I'm likely to break things here,
> > so I will keep my fingers away (I'm a git guy and I don't like those
> > sparse repositories). So please get the changes from the archives when
> > they hit it and puah them yourself.

Ok, I'll try to find some time to get the changes in svn. (btw. would a switch
to git for the packageing seem reasonable? Unfortunately, I don't have
experience with git-maintained packages myself, so I'd be happy for some support
on that matter).

Oh, and on a side note: The reason I'm busy is that I'm building a house, so I
fear that I won't have too much time for the next half year :(.

Cheers, and once again thanks for all of your work!
  Stefan.