Re: FYI: debian-legal is discussing the inclusion in the Debian archive of "erotic" interactive fiction depicting the sexual abuse of children

> Now that this conversation has descended into farce, I'm out. I only
> hope that if the issue does cease to become moot[1] and Debian decides
> to reject Unteralterbach (which, to repeat, I have no opinion about)
> the project will not do so in a way that would prevent balanced
> discussion of *other* works.

The most important reason that has to weight, in my opinion, is
whether is legally safe for debian and for the administrators of the
mirrors (that want to distribute it). That's the reason why I CC'ed
Debian Legal since the beginning

I honestly believe that almost none of those of us discusing the game
has even tried it (I haven't at least) and I don't think anyone who
hasn't even tested it can have a solid opinion. As far as I
understand, we're all defining our position 2nd hand on Bas' analysis.

I would suggest everyone not to waste their energies discussing morals
about this, or whether freedom of speech or morals should have a
higher weight. I don't think that's the point. The latest reports I've
read from the FTP masters were clear and their arguments well exposed,
and I'm sure that would be the case here. If someone don't agree with
whatever they decide, there are also ways to appeal the decision.

After all that has been said, I don't really expect any DD to be brave
enough to try to upload this game unless it's pretty clear that we
have a mislead idea about what the game is about, Even if the game
wasn't what it seems to be, someone has to be very brave or crazy to
be able to face the attacks that would certanily follow, which are
quite likely to turn into nasty personal attacks at some point, as has
been already suggested here.

Greetings,
Miry