Re: Unteralterbach visual novel

Good news everyone! You can stop getting trolled [1] by both the work and the suggestion* to include it, simply because cartoon pornography depicting minors is illegal in Canada, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the Philippines. [2]

*refer to [1] to see why the suggestion itself is trolling too.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_cartoon_pornography_depicting_minors

Cheers,
Iwan

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net> wrote:
Tobias Hansen <thansen@debian.org> writes:

> On 03/10/2014 02:57 PM, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>>> How are these issues handled currently?
>>
>> I honestly don't know. Probably the DPL might have an idea, or maybe
>> someone in Debian Legal.
>>

> I guess such things are handled the same way as other things that are
> not suitable for Debian for other reasons: Debian developers should have
> enough sense not to upload it and otherwise it's hopefully spotted by
> the ftp-masters.

I was asking about legal problems, not aesthetics.

>>From Bas' analysis it seems that this game clearly exists to tend to the
> child abuse fantasies of some people. And has some lame attempts to
> justify this (like making abuse optional or letting the children
> initiate it in the game).

To be clear, I have no such fantasies. I still think that it is a good
game – precisely because it seems to emotionally affect people through
its story and writing way more than its imagery. Many people I know
agree and I have a suspicion most do not have child abuse fantasies.

Your argument is that games exist to tend to fantasies: But do people
who play Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup as an orc prophet have a fantasy of
being a cave-dwelling racist maniac? Do those who play Warzone 2100
really want to lead a rag-tag army in a resource-impoverished desert?

I do believe that, in general, players of games do not only distinguish
between reality and fiction but have no actual wish to act out fictional
scenario and would be horrified if stuff in the game actually happened.

There exists a short story about this relation, where people playing a
war game simulation have their commands relayed to the actual fleet:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game_(short_story)>

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>