Re: Looking for new members

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Ben wrote:

> I saw the thread that mongrol posted on reddit
> (https://pay.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/1mb3qw/debianubuntu_games_team_seeks_new_members/),
> and thought I'd apply to help.

Hi and thanks for your interest in the games team!

There is some info about the team here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Team

Please join the IRC channel and mailing list.

There are lots of ways you can get involved with the team, many of
them are documented here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Development#GetInvolved

> I've got a fair bit of experience creating packages (deb, rpm, PKGBUILD),
> and would like to apply those skills by helping the debian/ubuntu/etc
> distributions.

Excellent, for some general advice on packaging and Debian in
particular, please take a look at this page:

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

> I also wouldn't mind looking for new FOSS games to package and share, and I
> quite enjoy bugfixing, so there's that too.

Some links related to that:

https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Suggested
http://bugs.debian.org/pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

--