Re: initial hexen2 support in game-data-packager

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 08:25:26PM -0300, gustavo panizzo <gfa> wrote:
> does it patch the pak files?

No. It doesn't yet patch the pak files, nor detect any other version than
the one I hardcoded with the first release. Both of those need fixing for
an unstable release instead of experimental.

I had been playing with music CD support, but might leave that out for now.

g-d-p doesn't currently have an 'upgrade' method, to upgrade
already-generated-and-installed packages to newer ones.  I'd like to do that,
so if you had an old hexen2-data, but you could have a new one with some
fixes (e.g. pak patching), 'game-data-packager upgrade' would do that for
you (with minimal intervention).  Same for e.g. adding cd ripping to the
mix.  This would also be good for other things e.g. cd ripping for quake.

But implementing that will take a while :)