Re: initial hexen2 support in game-data-packager

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 10:36:09PM -0300, gustavo panizzo <gfa> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 02:14:57PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> >
> > I've just pushed/updated two branches relating to hexen2 support. first, jmtd/hexen2:
> > <http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-games/game-data-packager.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jmtd/hexen2>
> >
> my cdrom does not have strings.txt, and uhexen2
> generates is. so i think it should not go there

Interesting, thanks. I have a hexen2 CD but haven't tried it yet (I wrote this
against a directory of hexen2 downloaded from steam. Interestingly the pak files
are distributed twice, once in data1 and once in backuo/data1…)

> i see you check the md5 of the files pak0.pak and pak1.pak v1.11, you should
> look for 1.03, or both.

Yes...

> uhexen does not work with v1.03 files, it has to be patched to v1.11
> i would recommend you patch data files, otherwise packages generated won't work
> out of the box.
> patching can be done with xdelta3 or h2patch

I'd love to support patching (also for Doom and Quake).  Are the deltas
available somewhere? They would be non-distributable.