Re: supertuxkart 0.7.3

The issue here is not just the magnitude of work for each approach but
who does the work. So, embedding irrlicht is less work for the maintainer
of supertuxkart, but potentially more work for the security team. Patching
irrlicht to build separate packages for supertuxkart to build-depend on
is more work for the maintainer, and potentially less for the security
team. (I lean towards the former, strongly. Is there any precedent for
the latter?)

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 01:06:54AM -0800, Vincent Cheng wrote:
> It also means that everytime I upload a new upstream release of supertuxkart,
> I would also have to make an irrlicht upload as well.

And every time the supertuxkart-specific bits were modified, all users
of the other bits would get a new binary package to download and install,
for no reason.