Re: supertuxkart 0.7.3

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Vincent Cheng wrote:

> Well, I'm not thrilled at the prospect of using an embedded copy of
> irrlicht in stk either. However, Policy 4.13 doesn't explicitly forbid
> doing so (should != must), and hence why the security team has a list
> of embedded code copies [1]. Upstream has indicated that at some point
> in the future, their modifications to their embedded copy of irrlicht
> is going to be extensive enough to break the API. If you've got any
> other options I haven't considered yet, I'm all ears. :)

Some options I can think of:

Beg upstream to be reasonable and push their patches upstream.

Add the supertuxkart patches to the Debian version of irrlicht,
building two sets of packages from one source package, one with the
patches, one without.

Patch supertuxkart to work with the upstream version of irrlicht.

Remove supertuxkart from Debian if upstream refuses and the above
patching gets to be too much effort.

--
bye,
pabs