Re: About using CDBS: Open discussion

Paul Wise wrote:
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Christoph Egger <Christoph.Egger@gmx.de> wrote:

 Just to mix things that are only slightly related again, I think this
approximately the same thing as the packages using dpatch instead of
quilt (there are some of them) -- although dpatch -> quilt can be done
quite easily in contrast to cdbs -> debhelper.

Post-lenny cdbs simple-patchsys, dpatch and quilt can be replaced with
dpkg-source v3 (quilt) format.

I agree. I would say if it's currently using CDBS leave it, otherwise let's transition to v3 after lenny. I personally don't care much for CDBS except in the most simple of packages but my opinion probably isn't worth much. :)

Barry deFreese
Shiny New DD