Re: About a couple of licenses in Japanese

2008/1/7, Ian Lewis <ianmlewis@gmail.com>:
> Miriam,
>
> http://879.hanac200x.jp/se/index.html
>
> This site does appear to be copyright free and allows commercial and
> non-commercial use. For commercial use however you need to contact the
> author.
>
>  ここの素材は著作権フリーですので、商用でも何でも自由に使って頂いて構いません。
> 但し、商用の素材集に入れる時は事前にご連絡下さい。

That's quite interesting. If there's a requirement that you have to
contact the author before using it commercially I guess that would
sadly make it non-free. In my opinion being copyright-free and having
that requirement is a contradiction, but if I want to play safe, I
guess I'll have to consider it non-free unless it is clarified. I
wonder if it's a requirement or just a "it would be nice if you
contacted me, but it is not needed" kind of note, but from your words
it seems to be the former. Pity.

> http://osabisi.sakura.ne.jp/m2/material.html
>
> This site however seems to not allow redistribution without permission.
>
> 何らかの創作物の一部として使用せずに 素材その物のみを
>  無断で転載・配布する事は禁止いたします
>  (素材データとしての転載・再配布を行いたい場合は 事前に
>  ご相談下さい)
>
>  It also forbids derivative works without permission.
>
> ここの素材を加工・改造した物を"素材として"広く配布する事もできません
>  (配布を行いたい場合は事前にご相談下さい)

Hmm... that seems to make it totally non-free.

> I hope that helps.

Yup, it certainly helps a lot!!! Thanks for the quick answer! :)

Greetings,
Miry