Re: RFS: hex-a-hop (updated package)

Hi Bas,

I fixed (nearly) all problems and uploaded a new package.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 09:55:31AM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> I have some questions before uploading the package:
> - You have specified "Priority: extra".  According to policy, "This
>   contains all packages that conflict with others with required,
>   important, standard or optional priorities, or are only likely to be
>   useful if you already know what they are or have specialized
>   requirements."  I would expect this to be optional.  Is there a reason
>   that it isn't?
> - debian/copyright is almost complete.  It says: "On Debian systems, the
>   complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in
>   `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'.", which isn't very clear about the
>   version.  I suggest you use something like what was suggested on the
>   games list by Eddy.  It also says "The Debian packaging is (C) 2007,
>   Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> and is licensed under the GPL, see
>   above.".  You may want to add your name to that (AFAIK you did
>   significant parts as well).  And this is a "GPL without version"
>   claim, which according to the GPL means any version is acceptable.  I

It's still "GPL without version". I need the permission of Miriam and
maybe others before I can change it. Nevertheless I consider it not as
critical.

>   think this is not what is intended.  Also, it is said that "(C)" has
>   no legal meaning, you should use the word "copyright" instead.  I
>   don't think any judge would consider this unclear, but better safe
>   than sorry. :-)
> - The manual page mentions the license.  This is not required, but if
>   you do it, it would be good to point to /usr/share/common-licenses for
>   the complete text.

Not done. This would unfuzzy all translations. This is not necessary and
would be Debian specific.

> - Lintian gives a list of warnings for the translated manpages.  They're
>   not compressed with gzip -9, and some of them have errors.  These
>   should be fixed.  For the compression, you should add "-9" to the gzip
>   command in debian/i18n/Makefile.  I didn't look at the other problems,
>   but lintian -i gives some hints.

That's now properly fixed.

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 01:15:04AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
>
> You may be using lintian from stable?  The one from sid gives the
> errors, anyway.

I called lintian on the .dsc file instead the .changes file :-)

PS: Sorry Bas, I did not yet fixed your hex-a-hop bug report ...

Jens