Uploaded sysvinit 2.73-1 (m68k) to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 16:32:39 +0100
Maintainer: James Troup <firstname.lastname@example.org>
sysvinit - System-V like init.
sysvinit (2.73-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Use siginterrupt, now that system calls are restarted by default.
Main symptom was that the sulogin timeout didn't work but there
might have been more hidden problems.
* Kill process immidiately if turned off in inittab
* Fixed sulogin check on tty arg.
* Use strerror() instead of sys_errlist
* Chop up the reboot and halt scripts into seperate scripts. I had to
take some liberties so they are called with the argument "stop" even
though the scripts are Sxx scripts .. (start scripts in runlevel 0&6
seem non-intuitive anyway)
* wall now supports a '-n' option to suppress [most of] the banner.
Debian doesn't use sysvinit's wall, but apparently Redhat does.
* Add '-F' (forcefsck) option to shutdown
* Depends on kbd_0.95-2 (or higher) package for /etc/rcS.d stuff.
* Close and reopen /dev/initctl on SIGUSR1 (mainly for a /dev in ram)
* Add FSCKFIX option to /etc/default/rcS
* Wrote rcS.5 manpage describing /etc/default/rcS
* Fixes bugs:
#13435: Could shutdown provide a way to force fsck?
#14108: sysvinit: sulogin's timeout does not work anymore
#14179: sysvinit: /etc/init.d/(halt|reboot) need to call mdstop
#14357: sysvinit: typo errors into script shells
#15010: shutdown is too fast
#15405: sysvinit: changelog uncompressed
#15751: "sulogin -t <timeout>" does not time out
#15758: Outdated reference in README
8e5c6a6dcb9813b7f91029b841423dc0 69070 base required sysvinit_2.73-1_m68k.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .