64-bit time_t transition in progress in unstable

Dear developers,

With the last known blockers resolved, I have now uploaded NMUs of the
experimental versions of gcc-13 and gcc-14 to unstable, and a corresponding
upload of dpkg changing the default build flags is expected to follow soon,
probably within the day.

As a result, the 64-bit time_t transition is now in progress in unstable.

If your packages are any of the lists of those affected by the time_t ABI
transition[0][1][2][3], it may be advisable to hold off uploads to unstable
for the next few days in order to avoid any sort of accidental ABI skew on
armel/armhf.

And if your package is in the list of those requiring sourceful changes for
the transition due to library package renames[0][1], PLEASE take care not to
make uploads to unstable clobbering the NMUS and reverting the package
renaming.  In case you missed it previously, dd-list output saying whether
you have a package that is affected can be found at [4].

To avoid pain for porters, the mass NMUs to unstable will only be started
once gcc-13 and dpkg have been built on our 32-bit ports per
<https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?suite=sid&p=gcc-13>.

As a reminder, the wiki page for the release goal is here:

   https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/64bit-time

See also the various threads on debian-devel for a more in-depth accounting
of the work up to this point.[5]

Thanks,
Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/

[0] https://people.canonical.com/~vorlon/armhf-time_t/source-packages