Bits from the Release Team: bookworm nearly ready for release

Dear all,

Quiet period
============

According to plan [1], we entered the quiet period leading up to the
release of bookworm on 2023-06-10. We have even managed unblock
requests filled well beyond the deadline and even unblocked a couple
of packages with RC bugs fixed but without a request to make bookworm
the best we can have.

Future bug fixes
================

There are still about 100 known RC bugs affecting bookworm, but we
have accepted to release having them included. Most of them will be
mentioned in the Release Notes. No doubt, more issues will be found
after the release when more systems will be running bookworm. As on
previous occasions, we anticipate that the first point release for
bookworm will occur approximately one month after the release.

Please co-ordinate fixes which you would like to see included in the
point release with the Stable Release Managers (SRMs) via a "pu" bug
against the release.debian.org pseudopackage, including a debdiff of
the current and proposed source packages. Remember to use reportbug
unless you enjoy crafting the metadata by hand.

For uploads fixing security issues, please coordinate with the
Security Team.

Release Notes

Contrary to what many seem to perceive, the Release Notes keep being
updated as issues against it are reported. So, if you encounter issues
(or new features) that warrant to be mentioned, please propose it for
inclusion. Preferable with a proposed text as a merge request [2],
alternatively as a plain bug in the BTS against the release-notes
package.

Paul

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2023/04/msg00007.html
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/release-notes/-/merge_requests