Debian Installer Bookworm RC 2 release

The Debian Installer team[1] is pleased to announce the second release
candidate of the installer for Debian 12 "Bookworm".

Improvements in this release
============================

 * apt-setup:
    - Enable <codename>-updates when installing testing, not only
      when installing (old)stable (#991947).
 * argon2:
    - Restore threading support in the installer (#1034696).
 * base-installer:
    - Install zstd alongside initramfs-tools, like busybox.
 * choose-mirror:
    - Update Mirrors.masterlist.
 * cryptsetup:
    - Improve support for low-memory systems (#1028250): Check for
      physical memory available also in PBKDF benchmark, and use only
      half of detected free memory on systems without swap.
 * debian-cd:
    - Include zstd alongside initramfs-tools, like busybox.
 * debian-installer:
    - Fix grub font loading, making sure we get the nice graphical
      splash screen in Secure Boot mode too (#1034535).
 * grub-installer:
    - Install shim-signed on i386 and arm64 as well as amd64 when
      we're installing grub-efi-*-signed packages.
    - If we detect other operating systems installed, check with the
      user (at low priority) and re-enable os-prober.
 * grub2:
    - Add debconf logic for GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER to make it easier
      to control things here, particularly useful for the installer
      (#1031594, #1012865, #1025698).
    - Add luks2 to the signed grub efi images (#1001248).
    - Fix probing of LUKS2 devices (#1028301).
    - Fix Secure Boot on arm64 (#1033657).
    - Don't warn about os-prober if it's not installed (#1020769).
    - Fix an issue where a logical volume rename would lead grub to
      fail to boot (#987008).
 * live-installer:
    - Remove the live packages before the cdrom is unmounted,
      avoiding a long wait at the end of the installation process.
 * partman-efi:
    - Fix detection of BIOS-bootable systems, fixing at least the
      "Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM" use case on UEFI
      systems (#834373, #1033913).
 * preseed:
    - Restore support for the "hostname" alias on the kernel command
      line (#1031643, #1034062).
    - Switch auto-install/defaultroot to bookworm.

Hardware support changes
========================

 * flash-kernel:
    - Adjust OLPC XO-1.75 boot script.
    - Add Lenovo Miix 630 and Lenovo Yoga C630.
    - Add StarFive VisionFive board.
    - Add D1 SoC boards.
    - Add QEMU-related "dummy" entries.
    - Add A20-OLinuXino_MICRO-eMMC (#1019881).
    - Add Lenovo ThinkPad X13s.
    - Add Colibri iMX6ULL eMMC.
    - Add Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3.
 * linux:
    - udeb: add intel_lpss* (optional) to kernel-image (#1032136).
      Many laptops have their touchpad accessible over I2C, only
      visible if LPSS is available in the installer.

Localization status
===================

 * 78 languages are supported in this release.
 * Full translation for 41 of them.

Known bugs in this release
==========================

 * There seems to be no known major bug as of yet.

See the errata[2] for details and a full list of known issues.

Feedback for this release
=========================

We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so
please try it. Installation images, and everything else you will need
are available at our web site[3].

Thanks
======

The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this
release.

 1. https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Team
 2. https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata
 3. https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer