Google Summer of Code participation

Debian is applying as a mentoring organization for the Google Summer
of Code 2022 [1] as we have done in previous years.

This is a call for project proposals for the program.

If you have a project idea related to Debian or can mentor (or can
coordinate the mentorship with some Debian Developer) , please visit
GSoC [2] Debian wiki pages and submit proposals as instructed.

Please note that there are new changes[3] to the program. There will be both
medium sized projects (~175 hours) and large projects (~350 hours) in 2022.
Please consider this while submitting your projects. You can also submit your project ideas/thoughts for the Debian and can seek mentors later.

We encourage everybody to propose projects for GSoC

GSoC already started reviewing mentor organizations. So please submit your projects as soon as possible. Sorry to announce this on very short notice.
If you have questions, please contact us on:
IRC #debian-outreach or the debian-outreach mailing list [4].

Abhijith
On behalf of the Debian outreach team.

[1] - https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/
[2] - https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2022/