bullseye release planned on 2021-08-14 and the last weeks up to the release
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
We plan to release on 2021-08-14.
If you want to celebrate it (and the conditions around you allow for
it), please consider attending a Debian release party, or hosting your
own! See https://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartyBullseye for more
The final weeks up to the release
In the last week prior to the freeze, testing will be completely
frozen and only emergency bug fixes will be considered in this period.
Please consider Tuesday the 2021-08-03 at 12:00 UTC the absolute last
moment for submitting unblock requests for bullseye.
Changes that are not ready to migrate to testing at that time will
not be included in bullseye for the initial release. However, you can
still fix bugs in bullseye via point releases if the changeset follows
the rules for updates in stable.
Starting now, we will be even more strict when considering unblock
requests. Please check the details below and make sure to only upload
well-tested *targeted* fixes.
* **Unblock request** deadline: > 2021-08-03 12:00 UTC <
- You must submit your unblock request *before* then
- Your changes must be ready to migrate to bullseye at that time
- Upload several days *before* the deadline
* If a change is late, it may still be applicable for an update via
a point release after bullseye has been released.
* Please note that the automatic removals are still in effect and may
still remove packages up to that date. Also, some packages will be
removed manually before the auto-removal deadline.
Please fix bugs today rather than shortly before the deadline. Simple
mistakes (no manner how trivial) or busy buildd queue can end up
causing your upload to miss the bullseye release.
Future updates to bullseye up to the freeze
As we are entering the final part of the freeze, please keep future
changes and unblock requests limited to:
* targeted fixes for release critical bugs (i.e., bugs of severity
critical, grave, and serious);
* fixes for severity: important bugs, only when this can be done via
* translation updates and documentation fixes, only when this can be
done via unstable (preferably bundled with a fix for at least one
of the problems listed above and nothing else)
* updates to packages directly related to the release process
(i.e. with references to the current layout of the archive), only
when this can be done via unstable;
We will only accept targeted fixes. Requests including other changes
will not be accepted. Please do not upload new upstream versions to
For the release team,
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----