Updating the Release Team delegation
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Dear fellow developers,
I hereby appoint the following as members of the Debian Release Team:
* Emilio Pozuelo Monfort (pochu)
* Adam D. Barratt (adsb)
* Julien Cristau (jcristau)
* Cyril Brulebois (kibi)
* Ivo De Decker (ivodd)
* Jonathan Wiltshire (jmw)
* Paul Gevers (elbrus)
* Graham Inggs (ginggs)
* Sebastian Ramacher (sramacher)
Since the last delegation update, we welcome
Sebastian Ramacher to the Release Team.
This delegation replaces the previous delegation in
its entirety. It is not time limited and will remain
effective until further changes are announced by the
Debian Project Leader.
The Release Team oversees and manages the releases of the
testing, stable, and oldstable distributions (aka suites).
* Release Team members decide on the release schedule
(e.g. freeze dates, release dates for stable and point
releases for stable and oldstable).
* Release Team members define the content of the suites listed
above, that is:
- They define the packages that are part of those suites.
Generally, that is achieved by deciding:
- Which issues are release-critical (RC) (ie. making the
affected packages not suitable for stable releases)
usually by setting the corresponding bug's severity to
serious, grave or critical.
- Which package modifications (eg. bug fixes) are suitable
for inclusion in those suites.
- When and how updated packages migrate between suites.
When necessary, they may temporarily forbid specific
uploads to unstable in order to facilitate transitions.
- They define the architectures (ports) that are part of
those suites by deciding which issues are severe enough to
prevent a given port from being part of a stable release.
* Release Team members decide on the codenames for stable
* Release Team members coordinate the work on the release
notes and have the final say on their content.
* Release Team members have the final say on the official
material for each release such as deciding which CD images
are "official" ones.
You can learn more about the activities and responsibilities
of the Release Team here:
- -Jonathan, Debian Project Leader
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋ https://debian.org | https://jonathancarter.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀ Debian, the universal operating system.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----