Updating the Release Team delegation
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I hereby appoint the following as members of the Debian Release Team:
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort (pochu)
- Niels Thykier (nthykier)
* Stable Release Managers (SRM):
- Adam D. Barratt (adsb)
- Julien Cristau (jcristau)
- Philipp Kern (pkern)
* Release Assistants:
- Andreas Barth (aba)
- Cyril Brulebois (kibi)
- Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
- Ivo De Decker (ivodd)
- Jonathan Wiltshire (jmw)
- Mehdi Dogguy (mehdi)
- Paul Gevers (elbrus)
This represents the addition of Paul Gevers (elbrus) who will be
joining as a Release Assistant.
Any previous Release Team delegation not explicitly listed above is
revoked. The delegation is not time-limited; it will be effective
until further changes by present or future Project Leaders.
The Release Team oversees and manages the releases of the testing,
stable, and oldstable distributions (aka suites).
* Release Team members decide on the release schedule (e.g. freeze
dates, release dates for stable and point releases for stable
* Release Team members define the content of the suites listed above,
- They define the packages that are part of those suites. Generally,
that is achieved by deciding:
- Which issues are release-critical (RC) (ie. making the affected
packages not suitable for stable releases) usually by setting
the corresponding bug's severity to serious, grave or critical.
- Which package modifications (eg. bug fixes) are suitable for
inclusion in those suites.
- When and how updated packages migrate between suites. When
necessary, they may temporarily forbid specific uploads to
unstable in order to facilitate transitions.
- They define the architectures (ports) that are part of those
suites by deciding which issues are severe enough to prevent a
given port from being part of a stable release.
* Release Team members decide on the codenames for stable releases.
* Release Team members coordinate the work on the release notes and
have the final say on their content.
* Release Team members have the final say on the official material
for each release such as deciding which CD images are "official"
You can learn more about the activities and responsibilities of the
Release Team here:
: :' : Chris Lamb
`. `'` firstname.lastname@example.org 🍥 chris-lamb.co.uk
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----