Bits from SPI

Hello,

There are several things to announce about SPI.

Meetings
- --------

The SPI board decided to move meetings to the *third* Tuesday of every
month.  They will still be at 19:00 UTC in irc.oftc.net #spi.  The
next meeting will be 2 weeks from today, March 15.

There is a new meetings page on the SPI web site with information on
our meetings and how to attend.  It's at:

   http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/meetings

A couple of Debian developers have asked me to CC
debian-devel-announce with notifications of upcoming meetings.  These
notifications are normally sent 2-3 weeks before any specific meetings
happen.  I will, therefore, be sending notices to
debian-devel-announce about future meetings.  Comments about this idea
are still welcome.

Donations from Canada
- ---------------------

SPI can now accept donations by check from Canada.  Details here:

  http://www.spi-inc.org/news/2005/20050218

New President's Page
- --------------------

I have established a new "president's page" at:

  http://www.spi-inc.org/president

It includes things such as SPI annual reports, things I'm working on,
etc.  As a reminder, there is also a secretary's page at:

  http://www.spi-inc.org/secretary

Recent New SPI Projects
- -----------------------

SPI has recently accepted Drupal and GNUstep as SPI member projects.

SPI Accounting Update

Branden Robinson is serving as deputy treasurer assisting SPI
treasurer Jimmy Kaplowitz.  The treasurer's recently switched banks to
First Internet Bank, which streamlines many tasks by letting them be
performed online.

Last month, a real treasurer report was produced for the first time in
SPI's history.  This is a step towards better bookkeeping.

Thanks,

John Goerzen