6 days till Bug Horizon

Richard Braakman writes:
 > Package: bash (debian/main).
 > Maintainer: Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org>
 >   57437 bash: Major readline problem

I've never been able to reproduce this one. On the other hand I don't
see any modifications in the package that could have fixed the bug ...
Simply close it?

 > Package: g++ (debian/main).
 > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
 > [HELP] For gcc/g++ bug reports to be sent to the upstream maintainers,
 > certain procedures must be followed, so help from clueful people is required
 >   48530 g++ [alpha]: internal compiler error building open-amulet
 > [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.
 >   55291 [alpha] g++ causes internal compiler error compiling hatman
 > Package: gcc (debian/main).
 > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
 >   55263 [alpha] can't compile ncurses4.2

These have to be verified with the recent g++ in potato for alpha (-6).

 > Package: libg++272 (debian/main).
 > Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
 >   47212 [m68k] libg++272_2.7.2.8-1 build failure
 > [WAITING] Maintainer was contacted on Dec 12, awaiting reply.

i386 is the same. Currently libg++272 cannot be built with glibc-2.1.

Not sure what happened to the following bugs:

#58467: gstep-guile: three broken dependencies was removed from this
list. However there sits a package in Incoming which fixes the
dependencies.

#58424: lapack: can't build from source

has to be tested with a recent g++/libc6 for alpha. Removing the
package is not a solution, because it's a library other packages
depend on.