Re: proftpd

Steve Lamb <morpheus@rpglink.com> writes:

>     Can we also apply this to packages that have both console and X
> versions?  Quite frankly I think it is foolish that vim requires X
> to run on the console.  The same with mtr.  Both packages might
> easily be found on a headless, X-less computer running some basic
> functionality.

Do you really want two full binary versions of every emacsen flavor
(and every other X/console app) on our the ftp servers?  I think there
are enough dual X/console apps to make requiring the installation of
the fairly small xlib6 package a fairly reasonable burden, when
divided across the total number of packages that are likely to need it
on a given system.

Arguing about sql makes a little more sense.  How many other packages
need it, and how many users are really going to want the sql version
of proftpd?