Security team and NMUs

As some people may have noted we're in the process of creating
security.debian.org, which will be a location where security
fixes are installed as fast as possible, without having to
wait for a daily dinstall and mirror run. To make this truely
effective though the security team has to be able to make packages
available as fast as possible.

Therefore I would like to give the security team authorization to
make a NMU of a package if a security-problem has been discovered
without having go through the normal NMU-procedure. This NMU is
only used for security.debian.org though, and not uploaded to
master until the maintainer has been contacted and the proper NMU
procedure has been followed.

Can everyone agree with that?

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl