Re: make anacron a base package

>>>>> "shaleh" == shaleh  <shaleh@clifford.livenet.net> writes:
shaleh> I solved this (-: I posted to the laptop lists a program which
shaleh> returns true when you are on battery power.

shaleh> # These entries are useful for a Debian system.  1 5
shaleh> cron.daily onacpow && run-parts /etc/cron.daily 7 10
shaleh> cron.weekly onacpow && run-parts /etc/cron.weekly 30 15
shaleh> cron.monthly onacpow && run-parts /etc/cron.monthly

shaleh> SO no ac power means, the scripts never run.  Prolly need to
shaleh> package these as "laptop-utils".

Interesting. I think we need a 'laptop' meta-package (i.e., package
that pulls in lots of other packages with dependancies, such as
anacron, apmd, etc., etc.) for laptop users.

I've never seen *any* Linux distribution that effectively addresses
the issue of reducing power consumption.  There are many tasks -- some
cannot be automated (for instance, you should put the '-' (nosync)
option on syslog lines to prevent the continual disk spinning you
currently see).  I'd like to see Debian address this.